Thursday, September 13, 2012

Spinach Pesto Lasagna Rolls



After looking for a lasagna recipe to make one night I came up with this little recipe. With it just being two of us I didn't want to make a large lasagna and then be eating it for days, I really wanted something I could freeze. So I decided that the Lasagna roll recipes I found looked best for us. After looking at a few different recipes I decided to make it my own. 


Ingredients:
*16 oz Lasagna Noodles (cooked using directions on the box)
*16 oz Frozen Spinach (cooked and drained of excess water)
*15 oz Skim Ricotta Cheese
*2 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
*1/2 medium red onion (chopped)
*1 T. Italian Spices
*1 c. Grated Mozzarella  Cheese (more for topping before you cook)
*1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese
*1 egg
*Pesto
* 1/2 t. salt
*1/2 t. pepper

Step 1: Cook Lasagna and spinach. 

Step 2: Combine cheeses, garlic, onion, spices, egg, salt and pepper. Stir till combined. Preheat oven to 450.

Step 3: Spread pesto on each noodle. Then take your ricotta mixture and spread it over the pesto. Make sure you keep you ricotta mixture about 1-2 inches from the end of the noodle. 




Once you have the rolls in a pan that you would like to bake up just pour on your favorite sauce and some mozzarella. Be sure to cover tightly with tin foil and then bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling :) 



This recipe made 16-18 rolls and I froze 10 of them. I froze the rolls before baking them. I rolled them up and put them on a baking sheet and into the freezer for 1 hour before putting them in freezer bags. From what I have found on the web it seems that they will need to bake for a hour-ish when they are frozen. I will be sure to update the blog as soon as I bake some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment