Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Taste of Home

This recipe just cannot help but remind me of home. 

Actually every time I see a butternut squash it reminds me of my mom in the kitchen cooking up this delicious dish.

I don't think that my recipe is quite as good as my mom's, but really how could it be? Below you will find the best I could do. I must say we did eat it all, between just my husband and I, so it must be pretty good. 


1. Preheat the oven to 400. Slice your squash in half length wise. 

2. Lightly spread a butter spread (I used promise) over the squash. I would say I used about 1 1/2 Tablespoons over the 2 halves. 

3. Use a shaker of cinnamon and sugar over the entire squash and then put 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar over that. 

4. Bake your squash for about 60-90 minutes of until a fork can be inserted easily. 
5. Let your squash cool for about 20 minutes until you can handle it. After that just peel away the skin and put your squash in a mixer until soft. 

6. ENJOY!!! It is just so yummy with all the great flavors that were cooked together. Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment