Let them eat Cake...Pops!
|Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cake Pops|
One of my favorite things has to be Cake balls and even more fun then that is cake pops! So for the ladies Christmas gathering I knew what had to be the favor! Plus I I owed my cousin Paul some for his birthday! It was a win win. Since these little bugers can be a little difficult to make I figured that I would share a how to with you! I know the first time I made them I could have used a detailed how to. So here it goes!
- A box of cake mix (I used dark chocolate, I think it was betty crocker)
- A box of original candy canes
- A jar of frosting (I used Pillsbury peppermint frosting)
- Candy coating or chocolate chips (I used Wiltons white chocolate candy melts)
- Sucker sticks (I bought then at Pat Cattans, any craft store will have them in the baking asile)
- Finally Cute bags to package them in :) Craft store again! Lots of options.
Add your frosting to your crumbled cake and mix it up with your hands. A spoon really will take you a million years. I really really suggest that you use your hands :) Again, I think kids would just love this! I am going to recruit me some kids and give it a try! Once it is all mixed it should look something like this...
Just so you get an idea of what they should look like at this point, I added some pics of mine.