Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY Wine Bottle Sleeve...


...from a sweater sleeve!

          I promise this is an easy craft! If you don't have a sewing machine you could probably 
use liquid stitch (found at any local craft store). For the sake of this post I used a sewing 
machine, really because I LOVE my sewing machine and can't get enough of it! :)





Step 1: Put your wine in the sleeve and measure how long you need to cut it to achieve the look you want. Mark and cut. Easy Peasy.





Next using some of the scrap from the remainder of the sleeve use your wine bottle to mark a circle piece for the bottom.


Now cut the circle out. Turn your cut piece from the sleeve inside out and pin the edges of your circle to your sleeve. I should have taken pictures of this step...oops...bad blogger award :( But its really pretty simple. Just think of the final product while you do this. You want the seam to be on the inside when you turn it right side out :) 


And there you have it! Now you have an awesomely cute gift with a yummy bottle of your favorite wine inside! For this gift I had bought my grandparents a bottle of a local wine while I was taking a wine class. Yet, apparently I needed a wine class as an elective to graduate with a Psych degree lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment